The Queen: An Important Regional Resource
A reputation for excellence. The medical center consistently receives accreditation ratings as high or higher than those given to the area's major university medical centers, and in surveys the overwhelming majority of local residents rank the Queen as the best source of health care in the North Bay. Your gift will help ensure that top-quality care will continue to be available to our community, right here in our community.
- A caring spirit. The values of Dignity, Service, Excellence, and Justice on which Queen of the Valley were founded continue to guide everything we do, every day, from how we care for patients to how we work with our partners in the community to how we plan for the future. If you feel as we do, that these values are more indispensable to today's health care than ever before, you can help ensure their continued relevance by supporting Queen of the Valley.
- A strong community focus. Guided by their values, the Sisters of St. Joseph have always sought to reach out to all who are in need of care. Queen of the Valley provides translation services for Spanish-speaking patients and their families and health education on everything from diabetes to hormone replacement to durable powers of attorney. The medical center also partners with dozens of other local organizations in efforts to improve community health, such as the Sister Ann Dental Clinic, the Healthy Moms and Babies program, health fairs for senior citizens, and community efforts to ensure adequate prenatal care and prevent gang violence. A gift to the Queen is a gift to the health of all who live in our community.
- Services available locally. If you need comprehensive cancer care or if your newborn requires specialized neonatal intensive care, Queen of the Valley is the medical center that can help you. The Queen also has the area's only trauma center and acute rehabilitation center. Queen of the Valley’s Wellness Center integrates medical fitness, disease prevention and management and rehabilitation into one of the largest facilities of its kind in Northern California. The Queen also has the only Cancer Wellness program in the valley. This holistic, multi-disciplinary program is designed for patients going through either a course of chemotherapy or radiation. The medical center's wide array of specialized services-- the kind of services usually found only at major university centers-- are available here in the Napa Valley because of gifts from people like you.
- A commitment to innovation. Queen of the Valley was the first place in Napa County to offer magnetic-resonance imaging (MRI) technology, and a linear accelerator. The medical center hosts the latest in state-of-the-art technologic equipment that include a 40-slice PET/CT scanner, a digital mammography unit and the da Vinci Robotic Surgical System. The Queen also pioneered the opening of medical facilities in American Canyon and was instrumental in creating the Sister Ann Dental Clinic and numerous programs benefiting the community's poor and under-served. Your gift will help the Queen continue to lead the way.
- Financial strength. Queen of the Valley has operated in the black since the beginning, even as declining revenue and rising costs have forced many medical centers nationwide to close. In addition to its outstanding financial performance, the Queen is backed by the solid reserves of the St. Joseph Health System. You can support Queen of the Valley with the confidence that it will survive whatever transitions in health care lie ahead.
- Loyal employees. Every year the Queen honors scores of employees for having worked at the medical center for 10, 20, and more years. Many of these long-time employees, and newer arrivals as well, also make financial contributions to the Queen of the Valley Medical Center Foundation and volunteer at Foundation events. This kind of loyalty helps maintain the Queen's small-town atmosphere and demonstrates the continuity that is a hallmark of an institution that lives by its values.
- A broad reach. Physicians refer patients to Queen of the Valley from all over Napa, Sonoma, Lake, and Solano counties. Your gift reaches tens of thousands of adults and children across the Bay Area.